Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Monday, March 29, 2010
- A church full of husbands and fathers that take time off work so their wives can go away for a couple days
- Folks who give extra money (anonymously) so that women who are strapped for cash can go
- the fact that scores of women (and a few men) arrive early and stay late to set up, clean up and serve all day long, and tell you they were blessed to do so
- the parents who cheerfully give a Sunday every month to serve other people's kids in children's church
- the single people who cheerfully give a Sunday every month to serve other people's kids in children's church
- the fact that I never once had to carry my very heavy bag from the moment it was packed - there was always someone else offering to hike it around for me
- the knowledge that not only will someone happily grab Eleanor for me when she runs off (again) while my hands are full of coats and craft projects, but no one judges or criticizes me for not having a better handle on her
- the fact that it's not perfect - if it was, it would have no room there for someone as imperfect as I
I have a great church, no doubt about it. I know, however, that I'm not the only one. What do you love about your local church? Share, and thank God for it!
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Yeah, not so much with the help, there.
Thursday, March 18, 2010
I felt rather triumphant about this one, since it's the first time I've been able to make the rolled-edge hem on the serger come out the way I wanted. I love it when a plan comes together.
And where is Daniel while all this is going on? Oh, he's either in bed (sleeping during the daylight hours, little goof ball that he is), or he's here:
I put this together with some linen fabric before he was born. We'd borrowed a great ring sling from a friend for Eleanor, but Toby couldn't bear to see his little son carted around in something so pink. And I understood. So, based on the rough design of the borrowed sling, Dan gets one of his very own, in decidedly bright, yet gender-neutral, colors.
And sometimes, he even enjoys being in it.
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Saturday, March 13, 2010
Monday, March 8, 2010
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Okay, really long, but this is the pre-hemmed version. Checked the length, though, and I'll only be taking off a couple of inches. That girl is tall!
I like the print on the fabric - another from the Grandmom Stash!
2 cloths are the knitted seed stitch on the left and one is the double crochet un-pattern on the right. Just for variety, you understand.
On the left, we have the correct side of the fabric facing out, and on the right, the incorrect side facing. What a bummer. Of course, I could go back and fix it, but I don't see that happening. I'll hang onto it as another lesson learned - both in humility and paying attention.