What a week - so many things planned, then missed or cancelled due to illness. Not what I would have arranged, had I the choice, but Isaiah 55 reminds me of the truth - a truth I need to remember so much that it's engraved in my wedding band:
For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
And so, my list of thankfulness this week includes:
- This verse!
- His good purposes in sickness
- a chance to snuggle with a poorly baby
- getting a new haircut
- a new carpet to replace the flood-damaged one!
- a generous bonus from the Man's work
- my mom coming to visit
- making a roaring fire in the fire pit and spending all afternoon enjoying the warmth
- swing set restoration now under way
- a perfect autumnal afternoon
- my first workout in too long!