Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Dress

I've had this pattern for ages, and having done several now for the girls, I decided that it's my turn. There was some concern that my sleeves would be as puffy as theirs, but no need to fear - no puff.
The detail I'm happiest with is the pretty shell buttons as the back. I think they add a pleasant little surprise (until they break off in the wash, of course).

It's taken longer than it should have, but it's finally done. I had to detach the bodice (top part) from the skirt twice because my "helpful" (read: fussy) husband said that there was "too much fabric back there". After a couple attempts, I went from gathering to pleating, to Toby's great relief. So, now we're all happy - it's done and he's content.