Monday, November 23, 2009
Friday, November 20, 2009
Monday, November 16, 2009
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Friday, November 13, 2009
Thursday, November 12, 2009
- Measuring cups - the cheap, store's own brand are about a one cup size, and they live merrily in my flour, sugar, rice, etc. tins.
- Bath toys - poke holes in them or leave them whole, the kids can't get enough of them. And if they get gross, throw them out.
- Painting pots
- Tea bag bins - not the most aesthetically pleasing, but it does the job and it all goes into the bin.
- Baby stacking toys - different sizes work better for this, but Ellie still had a ball with them during the girls' school work the other day.
- Playing telephone - yes, my kids still do this.
- Beach/sandpit toys - put a bunch of little ones inside one or two big ones, and you've got castles and turrets, and no one cares if you lose a few. Any leftover sand stays inside, if you're clever enough to keep the lid.
I know there are more ideas and I know some of you have them. Please share with the class. After all, I'm now loathe to throw them away and Toby's getting concerned that they're starting to breed.
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
It was a nice day, though, made complete by listening to a rousing rendition of our national anthem by some school children on the way out. Very sweet.
Monday, November 9, 2009
Falling in with the treats chest - my littlest princess clearly needs to work on "perching"
3 princesses, a knight, a jester, and (below) a queen on her throne (though Abigail insists I was a duchess).
Loads of people came and had fun, in spite of (and perhaps even because of) the rain. It was a great night, and I'm so glad we got to be a part of it!