- Measuring cups - the cheap, store's own brand are about a one cup size, and they live merrily in my flour, sugar, rice, etc. tins.
- Bath toys - poke holes in them or leave them whole, the kids can't get enough of them. And if they get gross, throw them out.
- Painting pots
- Tea bag bins - not the most aesthetically pleasing, but it does the job and it all goes into the bin.
- Baby stacking toys - different sizes work better for this, but Ellie still had a ball with them during the girls' school work the other day.
- Playing telephone - yes, my kids still do this.
- Beach/sandpit toys - put a bunch of little ones inside one or two big ones, and you've got castles and turrets, and no one cares if you lose a few. Any leftover sand stays inside, if you're clever enough to keep the lid.
I know there are more ideas and I know some of you have them. Please share with the class. After all, I'm now loathe to throw them away and Toby's getting concerned that they're starting to breed.