It's hard stuff, this "mom" gig. The more kids I have, the more I realize how much I have to learn - that "having half a dozen theories and no kids to half a dozen kids and no theories" scenario.
One thing that's clear - kids change you:
- they show me my sin, and they're really only scratching the surface of it!
- they've made me braver
- they've made me learn to not care what others think so much
- they've made me tired - really tired
- they've made me wish I paid better attention in school
- they've made me realize I wasn't such a bad (little) kid after all
- they've made me want to apologize for my teenage years
- they've made me pray
I am also thankful that on the days when everything seems to be changing at once (or when I'm sure I'll never see the change I want!), God is faithful:
...let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful.