I was not disappointed.
Have a go at making it yourself, but I must warn you:
- You will probably eat the whole thing in one sitting.
- Melty chocolate is messy.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Then line a large jelly roll pan with aluminum foil and lay a single layer of pretzels down.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and the brown sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Let it boil gently just until it starts to stick to the bottom and it forms a nice smooth caramel. You’ll want to let it bubble a little and get really thick.
- Remove from heat and pour evenly over the top of the pretzels (don’t worry if every single pretzel isn’t covered). Put in the oven at 350 degrees for five minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top. You can let the caramel melt the chips, but I prefer to put it back in the oven for one minute.
- Spread the chocolate chips around with a spatula until mostly melted.
- Sprinkle generously with salt (but if you're like me, you'll probably forget).
- Let cool on the counter top for a few minutes and then pop in the freezer for at least two to three hours.
- When it comes out of the freezer, break it up into uneven chunks with your hands and serve.