Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Still here

Well, now - it's been a while, hasn't it? A 10-week blog break wasn't exactly part of my plan, but it has been kind of nice, in a way. My brain couldn't seem to cope with more than the bare minimun for a while there (and sometimes even the minimum was stretching it), so it was good to take a breath, narrow my focus and keep this family in clean clothes. Most of the time.
As for now, I've been feeling great, pregnancy-wise (and otherwise). The whole second trimester is such a pleasure - more energy, sleeping and waking at normal times, looking pregnant rather than just fat...good stuff. I think I may have started my nesting phase early, as I've gotten so much organizing and decluttering done the last couple months. It's as if I've been making up for the first couple months when I couldn't sit down without falling asleep. Now, the kids know not to sit still for too long if they don't want to end up in a labeled box...
For the curious, I am currently 23 weeks/almost 6 months pregnant (had to check my handy "What to Expect" app on my phone to remember this), and last month we discovered that we are having another little boy! I was truly shocked, as I was getting a major girl-vibe. Everyone was really excited to hear the news - Noah really wanted another boy, Ellie wanted a girl but had already declared that she knew it was going to be a boy, and Abigail couldn't make up her mind which she preferred, so wondered if there was a chance that it could be twins - one of each. How very diplomatic of her. :)

1 comment:

purpleemma said...

Coooooool! Hope all goes as well for the last hurdle. Take care of you and God Bless xxx