Thursday, March 10, 2011

Rooibos

It's finally finished! Actually, it's been finished for a couple weeks, but now I am finally able to take photos and post about it!
I love it. It was straightforward to make, though the increases around the neck began to feel a little tedious, but by that time, it was time to begin the stockinette stitch.
I loved not having to do any seaming and minimal finishing.
And I love the buttons I found in my stash! Just right, me thinks.

I made the sleeves a little longer than 3/4 length, but shorter than the pattern suggested - if I had followed the instructions for the size, the sleeves would have been well past my fingertips! (Have I mentioned I have the habit of knitting too large for myself?)

The yarn I worked with was lovely, but am now seeing lots of pilling in evidence. If I had it to do over again, I probably would use a smoother yarn, something like this or this.

And for the unaware, Rooibos is a South African tea, meaning "red bush". So now you know.

3 comments:

Mandie said...

It turned out great! I really like this style of cardigan, it seems very versatile.

Libby said...

I love it! I'd like one in a really pretty brown, and purple and oh wait, one in....

Kelly said...

Libby, you buy the yarn and I'll make it - for real!