Friday, October 1, 2010

A good day

Monday was my birthday. I am now 33 years old. So, in honor of such an occasion, I am prepared to share 10 little known or interesting factoids about...me. (I thought about coming up with 33, but I don't think I'm that interesting).
1. I have had more than 50 (cumulative) stitches - so far.
2. I was the first in my family to start training in karate, and the only one not to receive my black belt (I got close, though).
3. I always wanted a big family, though I never had a lot of experience with kids and didn't quite know what to do with them.
4. I have always wanted a home birth, have tried three times for a home birth and have had pretty much every birth experience - except the home birth.
5. My secret occupational dream: disaster search & rescue.
6. I once went through a dyeing-my-hair phase. First, it was jet black, then cherry red. After that, blonde. Over the black, the other colors didn't really take, but as my hair grew out, it created an interesting striped effect that strangers would stop me on the street to ask me about.
7. With another point toward vanity, I have a tattoo on my shoulder of a sunflower. I'd have it removed now, but that (for me) would just be another bit of vanity. And a lot of money.
8. There are only 2 places in the world I'd really like to visit: Montana and Venice, Italy.
9. I have met and photographed Robin Williams. We're pretty tight now. (Okay, the first part is true, but not so much on the second.)
10. Making this list has shown me just how pedestrian I really am, but I'm cool with that.

1 comment:

Libby said...

I like the dying your hair factoid! And these items make you anything but ordinary...especially the Robin Williams bit ;-)