Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Big Day

Today is Toby's birthday, an occasion also shared by HM Queen Elizabeth, he once was pleased to share.


When I was in high school, I first heard of Anne Bradstreet, Puritan poet. I read the poem she addressed to her husband and thought, "One day, I'm going to marry a man I can say these things to." Low and behold, I did just that very thing on August 16, 1997.
We've been married 11 years now, and I can honestly say that I love him more now than the day we married - each passing year has only sweetened the deal.


If ever two were one, then surely we. If ever man were lov'd by wife, then thee. If ever wife was happy in a man, compare with me, ye women, if you can. I prize thy love more than whole mines of gold or all the riches that the east doth hold. My love is such that rivers cannot quench, nor ought but love from thee give recompetence. Thy love is such I can no way repay. The heavens reward thee manifold, I pray. Then while we live, in love let's so persevere that when we live no more, we may live ever. Anne Bradstreet



Happy Birthday, Babe

No comments: