Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A reading plan

So, after picking up on Jess' grand idea, I've listed some of the books that I plan on tackling this year. I'm already reading Heaven and Marriage to a Difficult Man (highly recommend both), and we're working through When Sinners... in our church care groups. Toby and I are also reading through Worldliness, since it's what the singles group that'll be meeting here is reading. I know, though, that there are excellent titles I've not included. So, I call upon ye all - suggestions? Something glaringly obvious that you're embarassed I missed? Some secret gem you've uncovered? Please, enlighten the group!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a good list! I've been thinking about rereading "Christy" and "Julie" for some time. It's been ages! I want to read "The Practice of the Presence of God" too.

We own (and love) "Faithful Women & Their Extraordinary God" and "Mere Christianity" if you'd like to borrow instead of buy, if you don't have them already.

"Travelling Mercies" is good too. I have "Plan B: Further Thoughts on Faith" that I want to read this year as well (by the same author).

I'm currently going through "Wives & Daughters" and "When I Don't Desire God".

Anonymous said...

I really loved "Relationships: A Mess Worth Making"

I'm reading "An Everlasting Love" now and so far enjoying it.

Becoming a Morrison said...

I read Marriage to a Difficult Man...it was very interesting to get a more intimate look at Jonathan and Sarah Edwards...