Friday, October 18, 2013

Back on the needles

It's been a while since I've shared anything I've made, and there is a very simple reason for that - I haven't been making much. I had knitted some washcloths to give to friends before we moved, that's been about all I'd been able to managed the past couple of months, with the packing and moving and unpacking.
I've recently gotten back into the needle swing and started on a cardigan for Abigail. It's a pattern I've used several times before (projects here, here, and here), and I'm about halfway done the body. I should be able to finish it in time for her to wear it as the weather cools.
The funny thing is, Abi's always really excited about my making things for her, but she's usually not always that interested in wearing what I've made. Glutton for punishment that I am, I keep making things for her, thinking that "finally, this she'll love!". (I think she likes that hats and "accessories", rather than the clothing.)
I suspect that we continue to do this little dance because at the end of the day, I love the challenge of finding what she really likes, and she loves the idea that I'm making something special for her.
I'm also comforted by the knowledge that there are two other girls here that are not quite as particular, waiting to snap up some of Mommy's hand knits (weird, I know). So, on we knit - me enjoying the process, and my girls enjoying either the theory or the finished product. It all comes right in the end, just so long as no one throws it in the dryer...

No comments: