Wednesday, September 18, 2013

A fresh lick of paint

Before we settled down to a new school year, I wanted to jazz up some of our school surroundings. I know I was tired of looking at our functional-but-uninspiring school desks and chairs, and I think the kids were ready for some color, so a quick trip to the hardware store was in order.
It took about one and a half cans of paint to cover two desks and two chairs. The stuff touch-dried pretty quick, but took a full 24 hours to cure completely. It was pretty easy taking the chair seats and backs off, and the desks I painted as is.  
An extra benefit - the "robin's egg blue" matched perfectly with my nail polish, Essie's 'mint candy apple'. I can assure you this was total happenstance - no way am I that coordinated.
 
And here it is, waiting for eager little students to do some learning! (ahem)
 

1 comment: