Friday, August 31, 2012

My Messy Nest

Have you seen these on Pinterest? Aren't they lovely?
 I wanted to make one. I had all the stuff to do it...everything except a talent for jewelry making. Still, why should I let a little trifle like that stand in my way? Needless to say, mine doesn't look as lovely at the original...
 
Also, needless to say, I don't really care. I love it. It's something I made, and it is a sweet reminder of my own little brood, whose nest I keep. It's often a bit messy, but it's mine, and I love the little eggs it holds.
 
I may well try again another time, and maybe my wire-bending skills will improve with practice. Until then, I'm going to enjoy my little slice of creativity and the wonderful meaning it has for me.
Visit the artisan's blog and have a go yourself - and don't worry if it doesn't come out perfectly. Sometimes just giving it a try is the most important part.

1 comment:

Mrs A. said...

Congratulations to you and Toby on the Birth of Caleb Michael.
Hugs Aunty Val.