Monday, June 18, 2012

Link Love

Responding to Video Games - I'm not a fan of video games, and am thus reminded why
Don't Wait Until They're Teenagers - So needing to heed these words now...
Kevin DeYoung and Discipline - The difference between training for Christlikeness and training for my comfort and ease are crucial.
Navigating the Homeschool Community - Why homeschooling shouldn't be another "one size fits all" approach.
Why Speaking Well Makes a Difference - Saw this at a public speaking event a while back and love, love, loved it.

3 comments:

Briana Almengor said...

Thanks for posting the links. We can always use inspiration! I'm looking forward to reading later.

Briana Almengor said...

I actually saw that video at the recent practicum I attended for Classical Communities. Funny thing is that it made me aware that I speak like that so often. "like" "ya know"...oh man! I need CC as much as my kids do. I'm so looking forward to how it's going to help us articulate God's truths, goodness and beauty more effectively.

Briana Almengor said...

OH goodness..the article on Homeschooling hit square between the eyes. Thanks for it. I swing the pendulum on this topic as I do in mostly every area of life...from confidence and enthusiasm in what I've chosen to self doubt and fear as I look at what others are doing with their kids. I'm in constant need of looking up and remembering God works ALL things together for good including my earnest but imperfect and flawed attempts at educating my children at home. :)