Our much-looked-forward-to vacation wasn't quite to plan - it rained, pretty much everyday. By Wednesday, Eleanor was throwing up. We were then concerned with a stomach bug making its way through the family while we were 8+ hours from home. And yet we had...
- a lovely, large vacation home in a beautiful area
- several evenings of log fires
- kids who were happy to walk in the rain
- plenty of premade dinners that made dinnertime easy
- great audio books like The Penderwicks and The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane to make the journey fun
- long evening readings of The Hobbit
- the trip home being more than 2 hours shorter than the trip out - those potty breaks add up!
- though Ellie was being sick and Dan came down with a fever, no one threw up in the car or a public place (big thanks for that one!)
- no one else got sick
And now we are home, refreshed, healthy and ready for activity that daily life brings!