Thursday, June 2, 2011

Warm Weather Dessert

You don't hear too much about the lowly parfait anymore, but I'm suggesting a comeback. For one thing, it's pretty. The aesthetic pleasure goes a long way, I think.


It's seasonal - all those berries ripening up are put to excellent use here, and you don't need a lot of them.


It's quick - we're talking about layering yogurt (vanilla is best, use low/no fat for calorie counting), fruit and granola. Do it till the dish is full. That's it. No hot ovens to deal with.


It's healthy - almost everything is low or no fat. I use my own granola recipe, but almost any granola you enjoy will do.


And the wine glasses? They just make me feel like a grown up...


Please share any yummy summer dessert suggestions!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I agree, I love parfaits! So easy to make with yogurt, pudding, whipped cream, fruit, chocolate, whatever!

Zoanna said...

Thanks for the reminder. I love parfaits in wine glasses. And your granola recipe is the best I've EVER had! Ev.er. The only catch is that I'd have to heat up the kitchen a little to make it. Wanna heat up yours instead? :)