Monday, January 17, 2011

Bullet points

...because that's how my mind is working at the moment.

  • I got More Last Minute Knitted Gifts for Christmas, so the library can have theirs back. This Easy Cardigan is from there - wonderful to make (needs buttons, though).

    The booties are more from here.

  • Finishing the second sleeve on Abigail's tiny Tea Leaves - another love to make, especially with this yarn (in Amber Trinket)! Praying, praying, praying I have enough to finish!
  • Took the first week of January to build a new schedule from scratch. It was soooo worth it - I love it! (yes, I am a loser). Things go smoothly, there is somehow more time in the day to do things, less bickering and trouble-finding from the children. Definitely a worthwhile time and money investment (based on the Managers of Their Homes method).
  • I'm making bread. Again. I've done lots of bread-making in the past - by hand, in the Kitchen Aid and with a bread maker. But the Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes A Day way is awesome. Truly. This past week we've had Boule, Couronne, Ciabatta, Stromboli & Sticky Caramel Rolls. Love it.
  • Read Organized Simplicity and Family Feasts for $75 a Week. The perfect books to motivate at the beginning of the year. Clearing out junk (I think it breeds), starting a price book for grocery shopping, looking forward to a yard sale (I can't believe I just said that, since I kind of hate yard sales).
  • I am now learning to deal with my children's complaining by dealing with my own. And their laziness with my own. And their temper tantrums via my temper tantrums. I'm noticing a trend, here...but God shows His grace as being sufficient, for them and for me.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

You liked Organized Simplicity? Gotta get that one.

So glad you're enjoying that bread, it's my favorite to make. I've not tried as many as you yet though. I've made the boule and the caramelized onion rolls ones and I think that's it. I seriously need to buy that book. I only have a printout from a article that has only 5 recipes or something.