Thursday, July 2, 2009

5 Years Old!

30 June, 2004. Contractions start around 2.30am. Eventually, things get rolling and the midwives are called, around mid-morning. Eventually, the waters are broken, and because of the presence of muconium (again), I move on to the hospital with Toby while Abigail is looked after by friends. After a few more hours and some protesting to the midwife that no, I can't do this anymore, out she comes. And now look at her! All dressed up in her birthday finery.
Anna has been such a special gift to our family.
She is so affectionate, so giggly, so passionate. I used to think that Abigail had a flair for the dramatic, but it's nothing compared to Anna!

She is the child God uses most to teach me things: patience, joy, affection, selfless giving, and perseverance.
It has been one of the great privileges of my life to be a mother to this amazing little girl.
Remind you of anyone, Mom?
Anna, may you know all the glorious riches Jesus has in store for you. Mama loves you, Baby.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a matter of fact, YES it does remind me very much of someone!! The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, as they say! LOL